Summer is upon us again and a large part of India faces acute water shortage at this period. We put together this list to let you know of all the easy tips that you can make use of for making water last longer. Read on to know some easy hacks to save water.
Tips to save water!
- Try not to indulge too much in shower bath. You can probably save 3 quarters of that water if you take a bath without a shower.
- Fix leaks on your taps on pipes running around the house. This can lead to a lot of water saving and will also be more hygienic as the leaked water will not stagnate and invite the insects and flies! A leaking tap or pipe can waste 15 liters a day.
- The most common one and you may all have heard of it already – CLOSE the tap when you brush your teeth. This can help you save up to almost 6 liters of water per minute.
- If you are using dishwashers and washing-machines, make sure you run them only with full load. This is handy in saving a huge amount of water in a single go!
- While shaving, cleaning veggies turn off the faucet. You can also use a mug of water for cleaning razors and a bowl of water for cleaning the veggies. This will help in far less consumption of water than cleaning them under running water. It is an excellent way to save water.
- Do not keep your hose on while washing your car. Lather and soap it well and use the hose only for rinsing.
- You can use the leftover water from your bath to flush your toilet.
- The leftover water can also be used to clean cars, water plants and clean your balcony!
- Do not defrost your food by keeping it under running water. You can defrost it in the refrigerator or use the defrost option in the microwave.
- To clean your parking spaces, backyards and balconies, use a broom rather than a hose.
For a quirky video illustrating tips to save water, check this out!
We at Quotemykaam provide verified & trusted Water tank cleaning experts at the best prices.
Visit Quotemykaam.com or call us at 9899763411, 0124-4279665 to find water tank cleaning experts, compare Quotes and choose the one that you like!
Have something to add to this article? Feel free to share it with us in the comments below!