Termite Treatment at home – Do It Yourself!
Termite treatment- To know about the Termite treatment, let’s first understand more about the termites.
Termites are one of the most common insects we see invading our beautiful homes. They are commonly referred to as white ants as well. You can find them mostly in wooden furnitures like sofas, shelves, dining tables and windows. If you have got wooden flooring, you might have to keep a close eye on them so that they don’t cause destruction, hence the need of Termite treatment.
They thrive on dead plant materials and feed on the wooden particles and cause slow destruction to them. It is known that termites can consume 15 pounds of wood in a week! Another lesser known fact is that termites can cause damage to your precious clothes!
We know it is alarming and here is why there is a collection of tips for Termite Treatment at home:
- Termites cannot stand extreme cold and hot temperatures. You can place the wooden furniture in the sun. The moisture will evaporate which will effectively lead the termites to die or relocate.
- Orange oil is quite a popular method for getting rid of termites. Just inject them in the places heavily infested with termites. They will be gone within 3 days!
- You can make a solution of Boric acid with water and apply a coating of that on the wooden furniture and shelves. Please handle with care as Boric acid is dangerous.
- You can lure them away from the expensive wooden décor you have at home to cardboard and papers. They feed on them as well. Place the cardboard where they infest and once it is full, throw it away.
- You can get canned sprays of pesticides. It is a sure-shot way of killing the termites. Keep it away from children and pets.
- You can mix Aloe Vera gel and water and use it as a deadly weapon to get rid of these unwanted guests. Spray the mixture on the infested areas with a sprayer.
- Application of white vinegar has proven extremely rewarding. For best results, mix the vinegar with olive oil and apply the mixture over the infested areas with a cloth.
- Petroleum jelly and sodium chloride works wonder too. Spray or apply directly onto the surface and leave it to dry off.
- Since termites cannot survive extreme heat, place the infected furniture or item in the sun. They would leave or perish.
- Neem oil is a very good option for those who want a non-messy way to deal with the termites. Use a cotton ball and dab the infested areas with the neem oil.
Check out this interesting video on the behaviour of termites and how to do Termite Treatment at home:
So, be careful! Keep your home and surroundings clean.
If you think you need professional help, you can approach us for your home cleaning or pest control services. Quotemykaam prides itself in providing the cheapest, the most efficient and the best services.
Termite Pest Control for Residential Termite Treatment or Commercial Termite Treatment starting @ Rs. 3 per Sqft
LOOKING FOR TERMITE PEST CONTROL SERVICES IN DELHI-NCR? SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST BELOW
|[contact-form-7 id=”467″ title=”Contact form 1″]|
We are currently available in Noida, Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad.
We would love to serve you!
More Articles on Pest Control treatment at home including Termite treatment and others!
- 9 Home remedies to get rid of termites,cockroach,rodents and Bedbugs?
- 9 easy ways to get rid of cockroaches in kitchen all by yourself
- Cockroach pest control – Causes, Prevention and Remedies
- Termites pest control – All you need to know about it!Red ants – Remedies and tips to keep them at bay