4 Most Effective Methods To Get Rid Of Termites Permanently.
Termites or white ants thats what we normally refer to them as, live in colonies and multiply very fast. We mostly find them in the cemented earth. Termites mainly dine on wood and other cellulose products. They cause severe damage and must be treated immediately with best termite control methods.
You can classify termites into 4 main categories :
- Subterranean termites
- Drywood termites
- Dampwood termites
- Formoson termites
All these kinds of termites cause a good amount of damage to your property. A severe termite infestation may even render your property as unlivable until expensive repairs are done. Thus availing the services of best termite control professionals becomes mandatory.
Anti Termite Treatment
An active and deep termite infestation, requires help from the best professional termite pest control companies.
However, if you are experiencing a relatively new termite infestation, where you see only minor damages to your belongings, you can use spot treatment. In this method the treatment is done only for particular spots that termites infest hence the name. As termite infestation is clearly visible only on a small area, it becomes easy for you to do the termite control treatment. This termite control method is simple and you can make use of the do it yourself programs here. You can also follow some simple home remedies for termite control to get rid of termites.
On the other hand, if you are suffering from a very old and deep termite infestation, you should take help of well-trained termite control professionals. Experts have the best knowledge of termite control methods and professional anti termite treatment equipment, thus they make your premises completely termite free.
Classification Of Termite Control Methods:
You can classify termite control methods into two broad categories on the basis of the time during which the termite treatment is done.
• Pre-Construction anti termite treatment :- This treatment is done before completion of the property construction. It is mainly soil treatment done with the help of termiticides that we mix in the soil. We use soil treatment for subterranean termite control methods. This treatment helps you to eliminate subterranean termites permanently. In this termite control method, you should treat the foundation, piers, chimney bases, pipes and other things in contact with the soil with anti-termite treatment pesticides.
•Post Construction Anti- termite treatment :- Post construction anti termite treatment treats termite infestation that occur after construction is complete. So if you did not take preventive measures for termites before construction, you can use these termite treatment options. This termite control treatment mainly uses the drill, fill and seal method.
The damage that termites cause can affect the beautiful woodwork done in your house. It can also weaken the walls of the house and may cause it to crumble if you don’t treat it instantly, so immediate action must be taken.
There are many kinds of termite treatment options, to get rid of these tiny creepy pests.
Most Effective Methods Of Termite Control
Liquid termite treatment
In this termite pest control method, the termite exterminators use different chemicals and termiticides. These prevent termites to get into the soil and acquire moisture that they need to survive. This is the fastest working method of termite control and acts as an invisible barrier for termites. In this termite control treatment, the termite exterminators spray liquid in and around the house. Termites trying to approach your premises, unknowingly pick up the termiticide and transfer it to their colony.
In this termite treatment method, two kinds of pesticides are used. They are repellent which acts as a barrier for termites to enter further and non- repellent which kills termites permanently.
Some common and eco-friendly termiticides are bayers premise and Termidor. There are other more effective termiticides like chlordane, Aldrin and lindane, but they are not eco-friendly and thus less popular.
Advantages of liquid termite control method:-
- Liquid termite control method is effective for 5 to 10 years.
- It is Cheap in comparison to other termite control methods.
Disadvantages of liquid termite control method:-
- If we remove the soil the entire region needs to be re-treated. Moreover, the soil should be sandy and devoid of rocks to allow the termiticide to spread evenly without leaving any gaps.
- The cost increases depending on the construction type. i.e. whether it is built on direct ground or on a pier.
- If a further extension is done in construction blocks, one should ensure treating them as well. As missing out on treating the extended portion may expose it to termite infestation.
- If you have a slopy area there is a chance of the termiticide getting washed out.
- You may miss out on the termite entry points that are hidden behind the walls and floor covering
- A huge quantity of termiticide will be needed.
- Homeowners may object to the drill, fill, seal method.
Baits Trap Termite Control Method
In this termite control method baits are set for termites. The termites do not die instantly in this case. Termite exterminators prefer using a slow working termiticide when they detect the presence of termites so that the foraging termite goes back to his colony and infests other termites killing them.
A bait station made of wood is set up in nearby areas of the house. Professionals set it up to check whether termites are present. The professional inspect the bait station every three months. If termites are found to eat the wood, the bait station is treated with a termite bait consisting of special termiticides.
The kind of termiticide that the exterminators use in this case stays on the foraging termite for some time without killing them. Once this termite reaches the colony, there are high chances that the whole colony will perish.
Where are the bait stations kept?
• Bait stations kept under the ground:-
In this method, we wait for the termites to find the bait station and feed on it. It will be a time-consuming process.
•Bait stations kept above the ground:-
Bait stations are kept above the ground and set in areas where the exterminators detect the presence of termites. As termites are already present, they easily find the bait and this method works a little faster.
Some famous bait systems are Sentricon, Exterra and Firstline. Spectracide terminate is a bait product used by homeowners.
Advantages of termite control method of Bait System:-
- No drilling or any kind of disturbance in the house is done.
- You don’t need to treat the entire area around the house with chemicals.
- Construction flaws don’t act as a barrier.
- Easier to install bait stations.
Disadvantages of termite control method of Bait Systems:-
- Costs higher
- Termites may enter the house without falling for the bait trap
Wood Termite Treatment:-
The main place where termites reside inside a house is wood. Wood termite treatment can be done with the help of chemicals or heat treatment. The chemicals that we commonly use, in this case, are Borocare and Timbor.
Advantages of wood termite control method
- Once the affected wood is treated, there are high chances of getting rid of termites permanantly.
- Proper chemical usage ensures the beauty of the wood remains intact.
Disadvantages of wood termite control method
- Drilling may be done to inject the chemical.
- Not all wood types can bear the high temperatures of heat treatment.
Fumigation is mainly used for drywood termite treatment
In this case, the chemicals that the termite exterminators use are Fumigant pesticides like methyl bromide or Vikane gas that kill drywood termites permanently. The exterminator may also use tear gas to prevent humans from entering the area.
This termite treatment tenting process uses a tent to cover the entire house before the fumigants are spread. To accommodate this tent certain preparations need to be done. You need to remove any barrier like fence, antennae etc. before the tent is put. One definitely needs to vacate the entire house before this process starts. In order to prevent damage to your soil from fumigants, you should water it.
Once the fumigation process completes, the exterminator aerates the premises, leaving no residue of fumigants behind.
Sometimes you may also use high temperatures or heat treatment for drywood termite control but it is not preferable.
Advantages of Fumigation Termite Control method:-
- Definitely, all drywood termites die.
- You can treat the entire house at once.
Disadvantages of Fumigation Termite Control method:
- It is time-consuming
- You require to do a lot of pre-preparation.
- You have to vacate the entire house.
- Fumigants may cause some after effects.
- Professional help is a must.
The Best Termite Pest Control For You
On a concluding note, I can say, that you need to get rid of termites as quickly as possible to save your assets. Of course, the best termite pest control option would be to avail services of expert professional termite exterminators. A key point to keep in mind is to check for a safe and eco-friendly Anti termite treatment procedure. This would help you to maintain a healthy balance.
You can choose any of the above termite control methods on the basis of level of infestation and area of infestation.
Do let me know if any other termite control methods other than ones mentioned above, did work out for you to get rid of this damage causing pests.
If you want to avail the termite control services from the best, government certified professional for termite treatment, visit the following links to book an appointment.