Its Holi again! Here are few Ideas to get ready for Holi festival including the recipe to make Gujiya at Home
- Holi Safety tips – things to consider while playing holi
- Catering Holi Lunch
- Preparing Gujiya at home – suprise guest with hand made Gujiyas
Most of you will agree that food is the main part of any festival. Holi is not anything different!
Gujiya is a delicacy which is very popular in the northern part of India especially during the Holi festival. It is a deep-fried snack with a sweet filling. It also contains dry fruits and nuts. Makes your mouth water, doesn’t it?
The gujiyas are traditionally deep fried in oil but health conscious households have come up with ways to bake it.
Preparation time for this is ideally 45 minutes and it takes about 30 minutes to cook.
The main ingredients you will need are:
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of maida
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Water as required
- 2 spoons of Ghee
- 200gms of Khoya
- Chopped dry fruits as much as you want
- Half a cup of powdered sugar
- 6-8 powdered cardamoms
Making the dough:
- Take the whole wheat flour and maida along with salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix ghee and water and start kneading.
- Knead till dough is firm and cover it with a cloth for 30 minutes.
Making the stuffing:
- Melt ghee on low flame.
- Add Khoya
- Stir continuously until it cooks and becomes thick.
- Let it cool down.
- Add powdered sugar, chopped dry fruits and the cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
Making the Gujiya:
- Take a small ball of dough and roll it into a thin sheet.
- In one half, add some gujiya mixture that we have already prepared.
- Bring the other half over this side and fold the gujiya.
- Seal the edges by applying water with your fingers.
- Use a fork to make imprints in the edges.
- The gujiya is ready.
There are also gujiya moulds available in the market which can save you a bit of work.
Frying the Gujiyas:
- Heat oil and fry in low flame.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Take out and drain excess oil in tissue.
Store them in an air-tight container. Your Holi snack is ready!
You can also take a look at this video should you have any doubts!
Inviting guests home for the special occasion of Holi, celebrating with sweets is an integral part of our tradition. You can prepare the gujiyas at home with the recipe above. But it is sometimes difficult to juggle the kitchen work and be a gracious host at the same time. You can also go for a catered Holi where you can enjoy without worrying about cooking.
Why not approach QuoteMyKaam for this?
Quotemykaam.com is an online platform where you can compare prices of various vendors and choose the one that suits you the best! For outdoor catering or any event catering, you can find your best deal here. Check out cooks and caterers near you and select the one whom you like the most! If you are unable to make gujiyas and sweets at home this Holi season, find a cook from QuoteMyKaam!
We are currently available in Noida, Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad.
Looking forward to helping you! Have a happy and safe Holi!