Post Construction Anti-Termite Treatment
Out of the countless insects, critters, rodents and all other pests, termites are the most dangerous one. They are such pests that can ruin the foundation of your house in just a few years. In fact and they are not even noticeable in the first few years. Thus you should get termite pest control done on a regular basis, to keep your premises safe from damages caused by termites
We at Quotemykaam provide the best post construction anti-termite treatment that will help you get rid of termites completely post-construction. Our termite pest control does not ruin the beauty of your house. Quotemykaam pest exterminators follow completely modern termite control methods. The termite exterminators ensure using high-quality anti termite treatment chemical and give warranty on the services. Quotemykaam termite control experts also come for a free site inspection before the anti termite treatment procedure begins.
Our Post Construction Anti-Termite Treatment Includes :
STEP 1 : Ground-nesting of the already constructed houses or commercial buildings.
STEP 2 : Injecting of the effective pesticide into the layer of the ground wooden flooring
STEP 3 : Filling up the crevices with white cement
STEP 4 : The wooden doors, windows and flooring are spewed with the anti-termite chemicals to make them 100% termite-proof.
This strong layer of anti termite chemical provides the barrier for the termites. The strong chemical barrier makes it impossible for them to traverse further and attack your premises. So, you and your family remain safe from termites and your precious belongings do not get damaged.
Post Construction Anti-Termite Treatment Procedure
Post construction termite control mainly follows the drill, fill and seal method. It is advisable to go for anti termite treatment for both within the infested premises and outside the premises for safety and complete removal of termites.
Anti Termite Treatment for Inside Premises
The inside premises requires the drill, fill and seal method of anti termite treatment to be followed. Following steps are taken for anti termite treatment procedure of inside premises:
STEP 1 : The inside premises is drilled with 12mm diameter drill having 6-inch length, the drilling is done up to the depth of 4 to 5 inches.
STEP 2 : Then the drilled holes are filled with termite control chemicals.
STEP 3 : The holes are sealed completely with cement.
STEP 4 : Muddy channels which are made by termite are sprayed well with the anti-termite chemical to kill the live termite inside the muddy channel.
STEP 5 : The channels are removed and the tiny holes from where the termites enter into the premises are fully injected with the termite control chemical.
Anti Termite Treatment For Outside Premises
Outside premises should also be treated well for protection from termites. The steps taken for anti termite treatment of outside premises are:
STEP 1 : The outside walls of the building and columns are drilled with the drill bit having a length of 12 inches and a diameter of 12 mm up to the depth of 1 ft. If the building is stilt plus, then the side corners of the columns are drilled in the same way.
STEP 2 : Holes are filled with anti termite chemicals.
STEP 3 : If the mud tubes are discovered, then those channels are treated with anti-termite chemical and removed fully.
STEP 4 : All the staircases, passage areas and other common portions are drilled and completely filled with anti-termite control chemicals.
STEP 5 : Finally, everything is sealed with cement.
Post Construction Anti-Termite Control Methods – How to Kill Termites?
Termite infestation can happen anytime and at any place of your premise. Depending on the time of termite infestation, pre-construction termite control or post-construction termite control methods are followed. You cannot decide which method to follow based on your limited knowledge of termites. There are many different termite control methods that need to be followed based on the type of termite infestation and the level of termite infestation. Below I am listing four important methods that can help you get rid of termites completely.
Termite Control Method 1 : Mechanical Alteration/Sanitation
We all know that wooden materials, papers, cardboard and other cellulose debris increase the risk of termite infestation. Similarly, wood supports like doors and wooden pillars, fence posts etc. in contact with soil forms an easy way for termite entry. Thus, regardless of what termite treatment methods are used, the following items should be physically protected from termites.
• Debris must be removed regularly and wood or soil contacts should be broken.
• Termites live in moist environments, so correction of plumbing and roof leaks must be done.
• Try to increase ventilation in the crawlspace and add rain gutters. This will be beneficial in resolving moisture conditions.
• Mechanical alteration or sanitation techniques of termite control are one of the best ways to prevent or control a termite infestation.
In case you miss taking the above precautions or you see termite infestation even after taking these precautions. Book our termite control treatment that ensures the total termite infestation is treated and complete termite removal is done.
Termite Control Method 2 :Soil Treatment
Soil Treatment Method of termite control establishes a termiticide barrier in the soil in the interior and adjacent parts of buildings. These barriers must be established inside and outside of the foundation wall or under slabs and around utility entrances. This chemical barrier prevents termites from entering your walls and premises.
A vertical barrier for termite control is established in the soil first. It is done by trenching and rodding the sides of foundation elements of apartments or houses such as foundation walls, plasters, pillars and chimney bases. The trench made must be at least 6 inches in depth.
How Is Termite Control Chemical Applied?
Application of termiticides are done in the following places:
• Termiticides are applied by trenching the top of the footing to a minimum depth of 30 inches.
• Where drainage systems like drain tile, french drains are present. Anti termite treatment is performed in such a way that the exterminators avoid introducing the termiticide into the drainage system.
• If footings are exposed, the anti-termite treatment is performed just next to the footings and not below the footing bottom.
• Soil present around sewer pipes and all other structural parts of the house in contact with the soil must also be treated fully.
• The insecticides or termiticides must be mixed with water as mentioned on the pesticide label. It should be applied at the rate of 4 gallons per 10 linear feet, per foot of depth.
• Concrete slabs also have many other points of entry such as plumping outlets, bath traps etc. So, this slab construction requires a lot of time and labour for termite treatment.
• These slab constructions will require precise drilling to block all the entry holes of termites. Slabs should be drilled vertically along all cracks and construction joints at 12-inch intervals and no more than 6 inches from the foundation of buildings.
• The soil below the slab must also be treated from the bottom of the slab to the top of the footing.
• This drilling and treating method is also very useful for porches filled with dirt and stress cracks found in slabs.
Termite Control Method 3 : Wood Treatment Method Of Termite Control
The wood treatment method of Termite Control involves applications of termiticides directly to the wooden things to eliminate the existing termite infestations or to make the wood resistant against termites. There are several ways in which wood treatments are used in the pest control industries.
• Pressure-treated wood is used in the construction of buildings which provides effective termite control.
• Spraying termiticides on the wood provide not only surface protection but also protects them from future termite infestation.
• Also in damaged wood, termiticides can be injected directly into the cavities made by termites.
Termite Control Method 4 : Foundation Treatment Method Of Termite Control
The foundation treatment method of Termite Control involves the application of termiticides to foundation elements. The goal of this termite treatment is to create a barrier by placing termiticides inside of a concrete block or multiple brick walls where voids exist. It is achieved in the following ways :
• By drilling foundation elements and injecting termiticides into them.
• This drilling and treating foundation methods allows termiticides to be placed on top of the concrete footings where cracks may exist.
• All the spots, where evidence of either past or present subterranean termite infestation exists, must be drilled and treated with termiticides at a minimum distance of four feet in all directions from such evidence.
Termite Control Method 5 : Baits Or Monitoring Systems Of Termite Control
Baits or Monitoring systems of Termite Control are recent innovations in termite control. This kind of baits controls termites by eliminating or reducing the size or quantity of the termite colony.
Termiticide baits are insect growth regulators or slow-acting poisons which can significantly reduce or eliminate the need for a conventional liquid insecticide.
Ways Of Applying Termiticide Baits
There are two ways for the use of termiticide baits.
Placement around the Structure to be Protected
One way involves the placement of monitoring devices around the structure to be protected. The devices contain untreated wood or other cellulose materials and are placed in the soil.
When termites are detected in the monitoring devices, the untreated cellulose material is replaced by a treated material, called ‘termiticide bait.
For the termiticide bait system to be more effective, the proper number of stations must be installed and the stations should be monitored regularly as indicated on the product label.
Placement Where Termites are Already Present
The second way involves the attachment of bait devices directly to the surface of construction elements where termites are feeding in real-time. These devices are pre-baited and are simply attached to the foundation walls, sub-floor, floor joints and other similar locations. Termites then feed on the bait material and get trapped.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of baits system.
Baits can be used to treat those wooden structures which cannot be treated with liquid termiticides due to the presence of a well, inaccessibility of infested areas or concerns about the use of pesticides.
In most cases, termiticide baits do not provide quick control of the termite infestation. Also, the maintenance of bait system service agreements is more expensive than the maintenance of conventional treatment warranties.
Quotemykaam is an online service provider who provides you with safe odourless Anti Termite Treatment and gives you a pest-free and healthy home without any hassle. To know more about termite infestation kindly go through our links below:
On a closing note we can say, termites are silent destroyers which can destroy your premises very fast. You cannot know that termites exist until they are spread widely and have already caused some damage. So it is always advisable to get termite pest control done once in 6 months. Professional termite control companies provide both pre and post construction termite treatment. Their pest exterminators have good knowledge about termites and can reach all termite infested areas and also treat areas at risk of infestation. Professional termite control experts also know about the various methods of termite control and can give you the best decision on which method to use. Quotemykaam can also guide you with a list of professional termite exterminators in your city.