Everyone at some point of time in their life moves from their home to another. Shifting requires a lot of planning, budgeting and executing.
Here are a few common mistakes people end up doing. We have jotted them down for you to make the work easier.
- As soon as you are decided with your plan to move, start planning and get organized. Last minute rushing will lead to messy packing and you are liable to forget something or the other.
- While comparing prices between various vendors, do not always choose the one with the lowest price. Their quality and reliability might be doubtful.
- Research about the shifting company you have chosen and read about their reviews. This will give you a fair idea of whether you can trust them or not.
- If you have a lot of heavy furniture, it is best to let your movers and packers know about it so that they will come better prepared which can save nasty last minute surprises.
- If you are the kind of person who has a lot of junk stored up, this is the time to let go. Sell it in second-hand or donate it to the charity.
- Make a checklist of all the boxes you have, the heavy furniture, everything right down to the last tiny bit. This can help you keep an eye on everything and make sure you don’t miss anything in the hustle and bustle of shifting your home.
- Keep a small suitcase or hold-all ready with your immediate needs such as toothbrush and paste, soap, water and other stuff that you need immediately as soon as you move in.
- Be ready to spend a reasonable amount of money for the transport which will otherwise end up costing you way too much.
- Budget your move. Try to breakdown the expenses. Give a buffer of at least 20% of what you think it is going to cost.
A major thing people overlook is to ask in advance what extra costs might get included in the move.
- Depending on the destination of your new place, arrange for some trusted transportation companies. You need to do this well in advance else you might not find them available on the day you have planned the move.
- It is always better that you give yourself at least a month to plan and pack when shifting. If done in a hurry, chances are there that you might leave bits and pieces up till the very last moment.
You can go through this video if you need more pointers.
There can be a wide difference in your planning depending on your decision to do the shifting yourself or hire a company for the move.
• If time is a huge constraint for you, it is better you take the services of packers and movers as they are experienced. What might well take you a week; they can accomplish it in a day!
• If money is the constraint, you might have to do quite a bit of math here. Get quotes from the company. Prepare a list of expenses that would occur if you do the shift yourself. This will help you in deciding whether to make the move yourself or hire professionals.
• Planning earlier will help you in packing the delicate stuff. You can think about how to give padding to the glassware and the like. Meanwhile, on the other hand, professionals will be able to do a better job of handling the delicate items.
LOOKING FOR PACKERS & MOVERS IN DELHI-NCR? SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST BELOW
|[contact-form-7 id=”467″ title=”Contact form 1″]|
QuoteMyKaam is an online platform where you can compare prices of various vendors and choose the one that suits you the best! Compare prices of packers & movers services in your area and get yourself the best deal ever! Those needing Packers and movers in Delhi, Gurgaon are welcome to use this platform.
We are currently available in Noida,Delhi,Gurgaon,Faridabad, Ghaziabad.
Looking forward to helping you!