Holi Safety Tips – The festival of colors and boisterous fun is upon us again!
Traditionally, Holi in India has been played with colorful gulal, pichkaris and water balloons. There are special holi songs played and a lot of dance and energy is in the air. There are a few people who get carried away and even rope in chemicals such as grease, mud and such stuff, all in the name of fun. Well, you never know what your friends are planning for you this Holi and it is always better to be prepared before you leave the home. We have put together a list of Holi safety tips that you would thank us for after this Holi.
Read ahead to know more on Holi safty tips!
Holi Safety Tips for skin:
- Apply a generous coating of face cream before you venture out of the house.
- If you happen to get permanent dye on you, try to get if off with cleansing milk as soaps won’t do much good here.
- Dab on a thick layer of petroleum jelly or oil at all exposed parts of your body such as arms, face and legs.
- After the festival, take a bath and avoid using too much soap and shampoo as they can dry up your skin.
- Apply moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated so that they will feel the ill effects less.
- Keep away from the colours/gulal if you think you are allergic to them or you have sensitive skin.
- Oil your hair well as the toxic colors can cause harm to the scalp. They can become dry and lead to heavy hair fall.
- The best solution to this is to apply hair oil and wash your hair as soon as you finish playing.
- Apply dark color nail polish so that your nails do not get stained with the merciless color.
- You can go for dental caps to protect your teeth from any stains.
Holi Safety Tips for hair:
Holi Safety Tips for nails/teeth:
- Keep your eyes open and if you see groups playing with mud, grease, stones, tar and other such things, it is always better to stay away. There is no fun involved and it involves a fair amount of danger as well.
- Avoid running as the wet floors and slippery areas. You might fall and hurt yourself.
- It is also recommended that you oil your hair well so that the color does not stick to the hair. This can help a lot when you try to wash it off later.
- Make double sure you leave your lens at home. Lens will absorb the colors and irritate your eyes further.
- While trying to get rid of the colors, you can use soap with warm salt water. For more moisturizing effect, you can add a few drops of baby oil in it.
More Holi Safety Tips:
This Holi – Let’s Make natural colours at home – play safe holi
Here are some ideas to make colurs at home:
- Red Natural Colour: Get dried red hibiscus flowers and powder them. Red can also be obtained from the juice of tomatoes and carrots.
- Magenta Natural Colour: Grate a beetroot and soak it in one litre of water.
- Orangem Natural Colour: Mix a pinch of sandalwood powder in one litre of water for an instant and fragrant saffron colour. You could also add one teaspoon of haldi (turmeric) to two litres of water and stir well. Alternatively, soak 50 marigold flowers in water, boil and leave overnight.
Check out these Holi safety tips video for a Safe Holi:
Top 10 Safety Precautions During Holi Party
Beauty Tips For A Safe Holi
DIY How to make herbal, organic, natural colors for Holi Festival at Home
- Tips to play safe Holi – by TimesofIndia
- 8 safety tips to protect your skin during holi
- 5 ways to celebrate an ecofriendly holi
Take these precautions and safety tips while playing holi!
Enjoy the festival of colours!
Quotemykaam team Wish you all a Very Happy Holi!